Product, UI Design
It is a side project of HCI courses in my undergraduate called GYM TIME. My group decided to design an App targeting for those who is just started their gym tour but without familiarity with this field. The app will give you step by step instruction on each action and equipment through video tutorial. Besides, users can track their body statistics based on their exercise data, such as how many CAL you’ve consuming this week, etc. The “challenge” part enables you to challenge one of your friends in the contact list and enable you to share the results to your social network.
We apart the design process into several stages:
- Task Analysis: Brainstorming about our target user and user pain point. We listed our thoughts on the bulletin board, than discuss about each of them. After that we get the most possible requirements.
- Interviewing : To test our hypothesis on user pain point and to find the real need of our customer. I conducted an interview on my brother, who is just about to start his fitness journey but feel a little bit embarrassing to directly step into the gym without any tutorial. We found that the confidence is built during the practicing. So it’s more important to lead user to start rather than persist.
- Design: Turn the idea into mock up and paper-prototype.
- Prototyping: a. Drawing each interface on the paper; b. Using app “POP” to link them; c. shooting a Video Prototype. d. Using photoshop to draw the interface.
- Evaluation: Seeking feedback from the some of our target user. Conduct a survey to get the user experience.